The editor will be responsible for developing and managing content on the Philippine news website (ph.news.yahoo.com). He or she will also work across various teams at Yahoo!, including Sales, Business Development and Marketing, thus strong communication skills is a plus.
This role comes under the Yahoo! Philippine Editorial team but he or she needs to be able to work independently. The editor reports to the country editor for the Philippines who is based in Manila.
- Develop and assemble content for the news website
- Assemble special coverage and sales-driven web pages
- Identify key topics to develop to support audience and editorial initiatives
- Oversee news and lifestyle websites
- Identify and on-board potential content to support needs of various stakeholders
- Oversee design and assembly of special advertising pages
Key Performance Indicators
- Deliver and develop content required by various stakeholders
- Support the achievement of revenue and audience targets
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of online journalism experience
- Good grasp of digital publishing and basic web design
- Good working knowledge of digital marketing and advertising
- Able to work and lead various teams across various markets
- Able to juggle and multi-task
- Great time management skills
- Comfortable working with a team
- A great sense of humor
If interested, please send your CV to ederic_eder[at]yahoo[dot]com and I will forward it to the hiring manager.