Natanggap ko lang ito sa e-mail. Napagpasyahan kong ibahagi sa mga mambabasa ng blog na ito. Baka sakaling makatulong tayo sa anumang paraan:
We need all the help we can get. I will be embarking on an activity that will combine my love for cycling and my passion for cancer awareness. I will be cycling from Manila to Davao from Sept 16-30 to help the Cancer Warriors Foundation. The foundation is headed by James Auste who is a cyclist and a brain cancer survivor. My father passed away due to breast cancer and it is something that I feel I have to do something about. I have saved my leaves from work so I can allocate it to this worthwhile cause.
Below are details of the event:
Bike for Life
The Bike for Life Tour 2007 is a journey that will start in Metro Manila and will go all the way to Davao . There will be a core group of riders headed by James Auste, the executive director of the Cancer Warriors Foundation who himself is a cancer survivor. We will be riding together with 10 parents of pediatric cancer patients who are wards of the Cancer Warriors Foundation.
At the end of the day after each leg a forum on cancer awareness will be held with the message that Cancer can be Beaten. The tour is not a race, but you are most welcome to join and ride with us on any of the legs.
This is the tentative Itinerary:
SEPT 16—- MANILA TO BATANGAS CITY
SEPT 17– RO RO TO CALAPAN, RIDE TO ROXAS OCC.MIN, RO RO TO CATICLAN
SEPT 18– BIKE TO KALIBO
SEPT 19- BIKE TO ROXAS
SEPT 20- BIKE TO ILO ILO
SEPT 21 RO RO TO BACOLOD BIKE
SEPT 22 BIKE TO SAN CARLOS
SEPT 23- BIKE TO DUMAGUETE
SEPT 24–RORO TO CEBU
SEPT 25– DAY IN CEBU BIKE AROUND THE CITY TAKE RORO TO BOHOL
SEPT 26– DAY IN BOHOL AT 7PM TAKE RORO TO CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY!
SEPT 27– DAY IN CDO BIKE AROUND
SEPT 28– BIKE TO MALAYBALAY, BUKIDNON
SEPT 29– BIKE TO QUEZON, BUKIDNON
SEPT 30–BIKE TO DAVAO CITY
THE JOURNEY CONTINUES… ……… ……… .
With determination, passion, perseverance and faith in God, cycling 1500 kilometers is possible. Likewise, giving a child a fighting chance to beat their cancer is achievable.
You, too can be part of ‘The Bike for Life” here’s how:
1. Pledge PhP300.00 for every kilometer that the cyclists will complete and each kilometer completed contributes directly to The Cancer Warriors Foundation’s fund for the treatment of these children. It takes approximately Php100,000.00 a year per child to fight cancer.
2. Joining any leg of the tour and giving a fixed donation of 1500 pesos per leg that you will be joining. Each leg will be approximately 100kilometers.
3. Helping us find sponsors for the Venue for the Forum and the meals,and accommodations for the contingent at each of the stops.
4. If you know of any company that may want to sponsor the journey then we can give you the sponsorship packages that are available.
5. Any financial support is welcome. Checks should be addressed to Cancer Warriors Foundation.
6. Spread the word about this noble advocacy and pray for the success of this project.
If you are interested, please get in touch with me through my personal email [email protected], James Auste at [email protected] com, Denise Matias at [email protected] or Boy Siojo at [email protected]
For past bike for life projects, please visit http://www.c-warriors.org/projects/bike4life/.
Maraming salamat po! Let’s make this our fight!
Carmela Serina =)