May opening ulit sa Yahoo! Nasa ibaba ang buong announcement na inirepost ko mula sa Yahoo! Southeast Asia Yodel:
Yahoo! Southeast Asia is looking for a Commissioning Editor to help support the production of English-language custom-branded micro-sites.
Youâ€™ll be required to identify and commission bloggers/writers to produce a variety of articles ranging from finance to event guides. That means youâ€™ll need both an extensive list of contacts as well as a broad knowledge of various subjects.
The role also requires you to have strong editing skills to draw out a distinct and engaging editorial voice to satisfy the Yahoo! audience. Just as important â€” you need to be able to recognize this quality in other peopleâ€™s writing.
Given the high expectations of our users, the role requires a professional with at least five years in an editorial role.
The job will also involve:
– Identifying strong bloggers and building a strong relationship with them
– Assessing pitches from bloggers
– Editing article submissions
– Commissioning photographers and illustrators
– Issuing contracts to bloggers
– Paying bloggers
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
– More than 5 years in an editorial role, preferably in the magazine industry
– Strong relationships with prominent bloggers
– Ability to write and re-write in an engaging style
– Strong copy editing skills, knowledge of AP style is preferred
– Strong attention to detail
– Nurturing skills to help develop bloggers
In terms of personality, weâ€™re looking for someone who is able to juggle multiple assignments and roll with the punches. You must be able to work independently. You need to be comfortable with technology and internet publishing tools, and if not, you should at least be a quick learner.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to:
Yahoo! Southeast Asia