Yahoo! Southeast Asia is looking for a sports editor based in the Philippines. This candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in sports journalism, must be Web savvy. The candidate must also have an experience in commissioning content and managing a group of contributors and must be active in social networks. The candidate will report the Yahoo! Southeast Asia country editor for the Philippines.
The candidate is also expected to do the following:
1. Run the daily operations of a sports property, including editing and writing content
2. Curate content from existing sources and publish them
3. Develop “special coverage” sections and commission content
4. Manage a group of bloggers and contributors
5. Manage and curate social content
6. Develop Web-based “special sports” events targeting a younger audience
7. Onboard fresh, young-oriented content
Candidate must also be able to:
1. Work with a team of various interests
2. Make and own decisions
3. Network with younger audience and mentor younger contributors
4. Have fun at work
If you’re interested, email me your CV at , and I will forward it to the hiring manager. Please include a cover letter stating your interest in this post and links to sample of works (preferably online) and references.