This is a paid advertisement.
SEAOIL Philippines Inc., the largest independent retailer of petroleum products in the country, has introduced an industry-first prepaid card that pegs a customer’s gasoline purchase at P53.50 per liter.
Company officials explained that the Price Lock Prepaid Fuel Card can be used to buy 20 liters of gasoline (G5 X-treme and Unleaded) from any SEAOIL participating stations. The selling period is from June 10-22, 2008. Each card costs P1,070 and is valid for 10 weeks (June 10 up to August 22, 2008).
Since the price has been fixed, cardholders will have an easier time budgeting their fuel expenses as they will be insulated from further spikes in gasoline costs during the promo period.
In the less likely event of a price rollback also during the period, i.e. the price goes down to less than P53.50 a liter, SEAOIL will refund unused (unscratched) fuel prepaid cards.
The Price Lock Prepaid Fuel Card will be made available at the following participating SEAOIL stations:
- Buendia – Buendia Extension, Makati City
- Commonwealth – Lot 13, Block 23, Project 8, Brgy. Pasong Putik, North Fairview, Novaliches
- EDSA – 843-845 EDSA, Brgy. South Triangle, Diliman, Quezon City
- E. Rodriguez – E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, Dona Josefa, District 4, Quezon City
- Imelda – Lot 1, Block 1, Tatlong Kawayan, Brgy. San Isidro, Cainta, Rizal
- Malabon – Rizal Avenue Extension, Malabon
- Maybunga – 479 Dr. Sixto Avenue, Maybunga, Pasig City
- Merville – Km.14, West Service Road, Brgy. San Dionisio, Merville, Paranaque City
- Mindanao Avenue – Brgy. Bahay Toro, Tandang Sora, Quezon City
- Paco – Penafrancia st. corner San Gregorio st., Paco, Manila
- Panaderos – Old Panaderos corner new Panaderos st., Sta. Ana, Manila
- Paraluman – Paraluman corner Paraiso st., Brgy Parang, Marikina City
- Pasig Blvd – Pasig Blvd., Barrio Bagong Ilog, Pasig City
- P. Tuazon – P. Tuazon corner EDSA, Cubao, Quezon City
- Tandang Sora – Tandang Sora Avenue corner Cenacle Drive, Quezon City
SEAOIL will also be selling the prepaid card in the following offsite points:
- Tiendesitas – June 20 to 21 (5pm to 11pm); June 22 (11am to 5pm)
- Shopwise – June 20 to 22 (1pm to 7pm)
- Metrowalk – June 20 to 21 (5pm to 11pm)
- Greenhills (Peri Peri, beside Teriyaki Boy Promenade) – ongoing daily till June 22 (1pm to 7pm)
- Greenhills (V-Mall) – June 20 to June 22 (1pm to 7pm)
The card is valid for a single transaction only, which means customers should use up its entire 20-liter value since any unconsumed amount, such as a 19-liter purchase, will forfeit the remaining card value.
Only SEAOIL station attendants are authorized to scratch the silver coating of the prepaid card upon purchase and claim the same card after the customer fills up.
About Sea Oil
Formed in 1997, SEAOIL is the first independent fuel company to put up a gasoline retail station, following the deregulation of the country’s downstream oil industry. It has since aggressively expanded, becoming the largest petroleum firm outside the Big 3 of Petron, Shell and Chevron (Caltex) with over 130 outlets nationwide and about 3 percent share of the retail market.
Consistent with its thrust of innovation, the company pioneered the promotion of biofuels and other alternative fuels in the country, being the first to introduce the use of ethanol as a gasoline blend. In 2005, two years before the implementation of the Biofuels Act, SEAOIL already offered the first 10-percent ethanol blended gasoline or E10, now available in its nationwide retail station network along with the similarly mandated 1 percent biodiesel blend.