ederic [at] gmail [dot] com
Social Media Officer, PLDT, Inc., Makati City, January 2017 – present
– Manages the social media platforms of PLDT Public Affairs
Social Media Manager for GMA News, GMA Network, Inc., Quezon City, September 2012 – January 2017
– Supervised the team that handles the social media platforms of GMA News
– Supervised the team that gathers and verifies submission for YouScoop, GMA News’ citizen journalism arm
Search Editor, Yahoo! Philippines, Taguig City, November 2008 – May 2012
– Ensured relevant and compelling search results by programming content on the search results pages
– Wrote search trends articles
– Monitored search usage data to understand users’ needs and know the Filipino netizens’ pulse.
– Classified large amounts of diverse unstructured data to improve Yahoo! Search Technology algorithm.
– Did quality assurance tests for Web and mobile search.
– Assisted the editorial and marketing teams in promoting their projects and activities by programming ad units on the SRP.
News researcher, GMA Network, Inc., Quezon City, April 2004 – October 2008
– created, edited and uploaded content to a databank
– generated content for the News Research page on GMANews.tv
Head Researcher, Bio-Data and Wanted President, GMA Network, Inc., Quezon City, Nov 2003 – Mar 2004
– reviewed and edited materials submitted by the researchers; did online research for biographical information of presidential and vice-presidential candidates in the 2004 Philippine elections
– our research team was credited for providing remarkable content that helped the show gain good reviews and high ratings
Part-time Reporter, Kyodo News-Manila, May 2001 – Aug 2003, Makati City
– monitored news coverage in the newspapers, radio and television, gathered data on the field and did Internet research
Founding editor and webmaster, Tinig.com, Quezon City, February 2001-present
– write and edit essays, feature articles, and commentary pieces in Filipino and English; maintain and promote the website in different web communities and search engines
– was able to elevate Tinig.com–a venue for free expression that advocates nationalism and supports Filipino languange and literature–from an unknown website to a recognized Filipino online community for young students, writers, artists and activists
Staffwriter and webmaster, Center for Media Freedom & Responsibility, Makati City, Jul 1999 – May 2001
– monitored and reviewed daily news coverage of Manila newspapers and wrote articles for the Philippine Journalism Review (PJR)
– redesigned, maintained, and promoted the Center’s website
News correspondent, The Manila Times, Mandaluyong City, May 1999 -Jul 1999
– hired immediately after college graduation; was assigned to cover the House of Representatives, Department of Social Work and Development, Sandiganbayan, University of the Philippines Diliman, and Commission on Human Rights.
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, University of the Philippines-Diliman, Quezon City (1999)
– Full scholar, UP-Jardine Davies Inc. Journalism Scholarship Program
– Editor-in-chief and webmaster, Tinig ng Plaridel, official student publication of the UP College of Mass Communication
Diploma in Online Journalism, Konrad Adenauer Center for Journalism at the Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon City (March to October 2005)
– Fellow, CFJ Fellowships for Diploma Programs
HOBBIES AND ADVOCACIES
- blogger, ederic@cyberspace, a personal blog in Filipino and English
- webmaster, LuisTeodoro.com, OurDailyTxt.com
- web authoring: Dreamweaver, SmartFTP, FrontPage, WordPress, PHPBB, and basic knowledge of MySQL / phpmyadmin
- image manipulation: Adobe Photoshop, GIMP,
- word processing: Microsoft Office, Google Docs,
- Globe Broadband’s Pinoy Ako Blog Award, 1st Philippine Blog Awards, 2007